There are such a large amount of fun facts about Pumpkins! Let’s learn with pumpkin facts for kids ! I’ve made pumpkin life cycle worksheets and some other printable with this theme this year which got me thinking that I should also make a page (and a printable) with fun facts for teenagers to form the training experience even more fun. Well, you’ll find all (well, a few) fun facts straight on this page, and you’ll also download it as a fun printable infographic. Let’s study this fruit!
Pumpkin Decor :- SHOP NOW
30 Pumpkin Facts For Kids
Pumpkin with Witch Hat :- SHOP NOW
- Pumpkin could be a fruit, not a vegetable.
- Most pumpkins are orange.
- They grow on all continents except in Antarctica.
- Their name originates from the Greek word pepon (large melon).
- They are one of the significant popular crops within the U.S.
- The oldest seed of pumpkins was found in Mexico (around 7000 BC)
- They are utilizing in every kind of food – soups, desserts, meals, juices…
- They are a brilliant popular Halloween decoration.
- Pumpkins are native to Northern America, specifically the southern us and northeastern Mexico.
- A pumpkin includes a roundish shape, with thin horizontally ribbed skin.
Pumpkin Miniature Tree Topper :- SHOP NOW
- Pumpkins are usually orange or deep yellow.
- Pumpkins have a thick shell and within that shell is a pulp that contains seeds.
- Ordinary pumpkins are the species squash of the Cucurbita genus.
- Pumpkins are considering one of the worlds’ oldest domesticated plants, going back as far as 7,500 BC.
- Pumpkins are grown as a food source, like pie or roasted pumpkin seeds.
- One cup of pumpkin (116 grm) has 30 calories.
- One cup of pumpkin (116 grm) has 0 grams of fat.
- One cup of pumpkin (116 grm) has 0 grams of cholesterol.
- One cup of pumpkin (116 grm) has 1 milligram of sodium (salt).
Artificial Pumpkins for Decoration :- SHOP NOW
- One cup of pumpkin (116 grm) has 8 grams of carbohydrates.
- One cup of pumpkin (116 grm) has 1 gram of protein.
- One cup of pumpkin (116 grm) has 23 grams of calcium, 1 gram of iron and 395 milligrams of potassium.
- In 2022, the biggest producer of pumpkins was China, with over 8.8 million tons.
- In 2022, China accounted for pretty much a 1st of all the pumpkin production worldwide.
- In 2022, the globe produced over 30 million a lot of pumpkins.
- In 2022, the U.S. of America produced over 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkins.
- Pumpkins also are used as ornaments during Thanksgiving and Halloween within the U.S..
- In the U.S, it’s common to scrub out pumpkins and carve faces into them for Halloween.
- Pumpkins that are carving for Halloween are called jack-o’-lanterns.